Hope, it is a nice day where you are, it is a dreary day here in Georgia. Normally a Sunday that is dreary like this would consist of church, lunch, nap, church, supper, and go to bed! However, since I have a cold and all I did yesterday was lay around the house, I was kind of hoping for a day of nice weather! While I was sitting around yesterday I decided to try something new (well new for me).
As a side not, Pam from Whimsical Ideas by Pam released a new Spring collection on Wednesday night at 10:01 pm. I waited until 10:02 to send my order in because I did not want to send it early and not get it in and not get the LE Crazy Daisies label. Well, she must have gotten tons of email in the minute between 10:01-10:02 because my order was not even in the first batch of orders she sent out! But they were shipped Friday and normally it takes two days to get here from Miami, so I am waiting for them to arrive! While stalking Pam's Facebook site I saw where there was a jelly sandwich manicure with one of the polishes I had ordered La Le Dots and it was beautiful. You know there will reviews of these two polishes to come ASAP!
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, for those of y'all who do not know a jelly sandwich manicure is a combo of base coat (optional), nail polish color, glitter polish, jelly polish, the optional another glitter and jelly coat, then a top coat to finish it off. Yes, I know you are thinking, wow that will be thick! Yes, it will be that is why it is important to use thin coats.Anyway, I have see these in the past they have not been my "cup of tea". I like for my glitter to be bright and sparkly! That is why I have never tried one! I did try some jelly/glitter combos that I did not like before I did the two that I did like!
So here are my two jelly sandwich manicures. Let me know what you think!
So these are the colors that I used in the first manicure. The colors are Whimsical Ideas by Pam in I Believe in Fairies, Ulta TuTu Cute, and Loreal Lilac Cooler. Here is the order I put them on!
Seche Vite Base Coat x1
Ulta Tutu Cute x2
Whimsical Ideas by Pam in I Believe in Fairies x1
Loreal Lilac Cooler x1
Whimsical Ideas by Pam in I Believe in Fairies x1
Loreal Lilac Cooler x1
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coatx1
Wow! that was tiring to just type! Like I said above the base coat and second round of Jelly/Glitter are optional. Be sure that you are giving drying time between coats. But they do not have to be completely dry, just most of the way!
Here was my other attempt at a jelly sandwhich manicure! Here was my recipe!
Seche Vite Base Coat x1
Essie Come Here x2
Whimsical Ideas by Pam in Falingo x1
Zoya Kate by the Small Things Blog x1
Whimsical Ideas by Pam in Falingo x1
Zoya Kate by the Small Things Blog x1
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat x1
So here they are! I am not sure that I am totally sold on the jelly manicure ideas, mostly because I do not own that many jelly polishes! But next time I see a jelly in a cute color, I will not initially disregard it because it is jelly like in the past! Y'all let and me know what you guys think about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment