Saturday, April 13, 2013

Birchbox April

Hey Ya'll,

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having as beautiful weather as we are here in northeast Georgia! Sorry that there have not been more post this week. I recently started a part-time job besides working as a Special Education teacher. I love children (obviously) and I love sports especially baseball and softball. So I'm working as a field supervisor at our recreation department  a couple of nights a week. I also work in the nursery at my church Wednesday and Saturday! So I do stay pretty busy even after I leave school. I started this blog because I enjoy sharing things that I love. I DO NOT want to do post just for the sake of posting and I want the post to be meaningful. So, with that out of the way it is time to do my first sample box post!

I joined Birchbox (BB) in January of last year, after being on the wait list for like 3 months. A quick overview  of BB is that it is a monthly sample subscription box that cost $10. You get a range of samples (and some full size products) of makeup, hair, skincare, perfume, nail polish, etc. You also get lifestyle items that range from food, tea, earphones, hairbands and holders, etc. So, I actually heard of BB from a blog that I positively love which is The Small Things Blog and that led me to requesting an invitation! So, after a seemingly LLLOOONNNGG wait I finally end up getting my invite and I joined. I loved it. I even loved it so much I got another subscription, under a different email and got my mom a sub under yet another email! So I get three boxes a month, two for me and one for my mom. Sometimes, actually a majority of the time, between the 3 boxes, one is a duplicate. They normally have from 20-30 box variations, so I don't know how I get so many duplicates. BB ask you to feel out  profile with things like age range, hair color and type, splurges, skin color, etc... Well all three account have different profiles, so that makes me think they do not use them.

BB often does curated or sponsored boxes and this months was Women's Health magazine. I love when the have worked with Glamour Magazine and when they had a Gossip Girl box. But Women's Health Magazine, which I do happen to like, I was not excited about. Turned out, I was right. This box was probably one of my least favorite boxes I have EVER gotten from BB. But, I do not expect to love every single box. So here is my April Box!

April Birchbox
 
 
The sunglasses nail file was just used to keep the macaroons from slipping down!
 
 
Here is the postcard that all boxes come with. It describes the product and list prices for full size items in that box.
 
 
Closer picture of the smaller items!
 
So here are my items I received:
 
- Beauty Protector Protect and Damage- This is the item I am most excited about! I cannot wait to try it! I am not sure the size on because it is not listed on the bottle. It is about 3 inches tall. It smells good. I will let  you know if I like it or not!
 
- Caudalie Divine Oil-(0.1 fl oz)The sheet says this can be used on skin, hair, and nails. I may give it a go on my nails (you all have seen how bad they are) maybe it will help!
 
- LAFACE Laboratories BEAUX YEUX Beautiful Eyes Concentrate Intensive -(0.1 fl oz) This product is used to halt wrinkle formation. I do not really need to use this yet. A full size of this product cost $160, so I really do not want to try it out and start liking it! I will probably trade it over on Makeuptalk.com. That is what I like to do with extra products.
 
- Supergloop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream- -(0.1 fl oz) This product says it provides corrective coverage and protects UVA, UVB, and infrared rays. I may give this a try, but it is pretty small so it may not even be enough to get a good idea if you like it. A full-size of this $32
 
- Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons- These macaroons are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients. A full-size are $5. My paraprofessional and I ate the two macaroons from inside. They were definitely not my style. I did not like them at all and neither did my paraprofessional!
 
Ok, so like I said, this was one of my least favorite boxes. Since I love makeup and nail polish and this box had neither, I was not to thrilled. But that is how it goes with these boxes and I still love Birchbox! Another great perk for BB is that you get to review each product and earn points. You also get points for every purchase you make!  For every 100 points you earn you get $10 to spend in the BB shop. This is a wonderful perk! If you would like to join BB follow this code below and they will send you an invite when a spot comes open!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment