Happy Opening Day everyone. Being a true southern girl I am so excited to be on spring break and to be on spring break on opening day of baseball. All I can say is GO BRAVES!
On to then first post...Julep. Julep combines to of the things I love most nail polish and sample boxes. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with Julep, but currently we are on the love end of it! I am not going to go into a long explanation of what Julep is (but I will post a link at the bottom if you want to check it out.)To make it short and sweet, they are a subscription box that cost $19.99 and contains nail polish and beauty products, depending on the style you pick! I normally chose it "It Girl" because you get three polishes instead of two polishes and beauty product. But this month I went with "Boho Glam" because I liked the colors!
Anyways, enough talk, here is what I got!
Kaylen
This is Kaylen, sorry the bottle is upside down! Ok, I now have a new respect for all the AMAZING nail bloggers that I visit on a daily basis! There are a ton of them and I do not even want to mention them in the presence of this picture! I actually thought I did a pretty good job painting my nails, but once I looked at the pictures I saw that I have lots and lots of room for improvement! Anyway...back to Kaylen, it is a neon orange. I did use a white under it (Julep Kate, which I did not chose for any particular reason) because I like to do that with anything that is described as neon. I do like Kaylen. Maybe once I get a little color on me (most likely from sun-less tanner, not the actual sun), then I will like this even more! The top coat is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, which I LOVE!
Lena
Next up is Lena, which is described by Julep as "Teal with gold shimmer". This color looked much, much brighter on the Julep selection screen then it turned out to be! I like this ok, but I feel like it is a color that I have seen replicated over and over. But who knows it may come in handy when I do a nail art! Again, I used Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
My Beauty Product was Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum. As you can tell from my pictures, this product was much needed and will be put to good use!
Pros and Cons of Juelp: As I said earlier, I do have a love/hate relationship with Julep. I will go a couple of months and skip the boxes, then go months where I love the colors and even add on polishes to my box! But one big Con is the bottles are only 8 mL. In comparison, the Zoya mini that I just ordered is 7.5 mL. In comparison with a Full Size OPI is 15 mL. So compared to other main stream brands you are only getting, essentially a mini size. But for the most part, that does not bother me because I very rarely use a whole bottle of any polish. Another Con I have found with Julep is their polish does not sit well in between usage. It may be a month or a couple of months but I almost always have to use a thinner. The thinner I currently use is Orly Nail Lacquer Thinner. A Pro is Julep comes up with some amazing colors and totally made me fall in love with pastels! Julep also normally sends a surprise extra in the box like a glitter pot, rock candy (which was in this months box), twistband like pony tail holders) Another PRO, Like I said above it cost $19.99, but they always have promos going like pay a penny for your first box, just use the link below and go through the become a Maven process, the put JULEPVIP and you will only pay a penny!
Well here it is my FIRST POST! I hope you enjoyed my it. Please let me know if their is anything I can do or questions I can answer! I am going to included a link to Julep if you are interested in trying it. In the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE I will get reward points if you use the link (I'm just sayin) However, with the penny promo, if you join for the penny then cancel I will not get the points, but I want you guys to get the BEST deal possible! It is how I got started with Julep and I have been using it for over a year! Enjoy!!!!
You can put in this code while signing up or use this link:
http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/31655/


No comments:
Post a Comment