Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fab 5 Week One

Hey yall, so I've been trying to think of a way that I can combine a couple of my favorite things at one time. So, I've decided to do a Fab 5 every week, highlighting either new favorites that were discovered that week or good ole products that have been in my life for awhile! So here goes...

  • theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer-A silky smooth pressed powder that can be used as a highlighter, shimmer, and shadow. So I totally fell in love with stuff after receiving it in a Birchbox. I have traded for more of these sample sized compacts so I know have 4-5 of them! I am glad because I use it as a highlighter everyday and eye shadow some days! It has a beautiful shimmer and work beautifully as a highlighter!
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden-This lightweight moisturizing tint evens out imperfections and fades the appearance of fine lines with its light-diffusing multi-mineral formula (from Jouer site). This was another Birchbox find! I totally fell in love with it! This is perfect for summer in the south! It gets way to hot to wear a lot of foundation. So this is the perfect solution for that! It also contains SPF 20, so that is another plus!
  • Harvey Prince Skinny Chic- The fresh and fruity blend of apple, mint, and grapefruit is specially formulated to keep us energized—and curb cravings to boot (from Birchbox site). So three for three now on products that were discovered through Birchbox! (Are you starting to see now why I LOVE my BB subscription so much, I find so many cool items) I am actually waiting to order this product from BB as soon as I get it comes off the waitlist! This is the perfect spring/summery scent. I have noticed the boosted energy or cravings being reduced, but I am still hopeful!
  • Essie Bachelorette Bash-a creamy, juicy fuchsia (Essie site). I ordered this polish after seeing a picture on the guess what... Birchbox Instagram! It was so cute and went to Amazon and ordered. I received it yesterday and immediately did a manicure with it that I LOVED! I actually took picture but I somehow deleted them :(! It is so pretty and I am sure that I will wear it a lot in the spring/summer months!
  • Tarte Park Ave Princess Mineral Bronzer- This is actually a deluxe travel size.  A whisper light, mineral-based bronzing powder (Sephora site). This is the only product that I have that does not have a Birchbox connection. I actually traded someone on Makeuptalk.com some of my products that I would never use for it! It is a really light bronzer, so if you do not want to much a bronzer, it is perfect for you. I actually use a couple of layers of it because I do like a little more color (I can't help it, I am a true southern girl)


 Just a couple more close up pictures of the products! So I hope you liked my first Fab Five! Links below will take you to some sights if you would like to purchase them!

Tarte Park Ave Princess Mineral Bronzer -$29 http://www.sephora.com/mineral-powder-bronzer-P99809
 
Essie Bachelorette Bash- Retail $8 (cheaper on Amazon) http://www.amazon.com/Essie-563-Bachelorette-Bash/dp/B000S0A5X4

theBalm Mary-Lou Manize $24 rhttp://www.beauty.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=42563&list=1&cmbProdSort=rank&cmbProdPerPage=100

Harvey Prince Skinny Chic $55 50ml  http://www.birchbox.com/shop/harvey-prince-skinny-chic-50ml (like I said above, it is sold out, but you can join the waitlist to be notified when it comes in)

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden $38 http://www.jouercosmetics.com/products/47/cartlist.aspx

So as you begin looking at the prices you may be thinking that some are rather steep. Like I said, I have gotten these through BB, Amazon, and trades, so I did not pay retail for any of it. If you email Jouer and ask for specific samples they will send you some to try to see if you like it before you shell out $38! Are these worth retail price, yes. I will pay the retail price when my samples run out!

Hope yall enjoyed my first Fab Five! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment