Hope you have had a wonderful weekend! I got my much anticipated Glossybox yesterday! I was actually not as excited about this box as I was a couple of weeks ago. If you have not been following the blogs about it to make it short and sweet, Bondi had worked with Dallas Shaw to create 6 six shades to be released in this box. But Dallas Shaw's attorney let Bondi know about a week before the box was about to be released that they were not going to be able to sell the polish after the box came out! Bondi had intentions to from the start so Bondi pulled out. I totally do not blame Bondi for pulling out. They are a group that donates all money after to cost to charities. Below are the pictures that were included in the GB Magazine which I guess was printed and ready to go before the Bondi/ Dallas Shaw stuff happened! Here is there link if you would like to try out their polish and support this great company! http://www.bondinewyork.com/
Aren't these colors really pretty. I would have loved to have ANY of them. Believe me they are so much better then the color from the replacement brand!
So to the Glossybox...
This is a picture of the box and a picture if the insert that list the products that were included. It was designed by the oh so great Dallas Shaw (I say that in a very sarcastic tone). I know that this was a collaboration box, but every page of the glossy magazine had her picture on it. Well not every page, but out of the 38 pages there are only 9 pages that she is not on! After the Bondi thing I was over her by the time I got the box! Nevertheless, on to the contents!
tarte Complexion Enchancing Lipstick
Fair-to-Light
Since the Bondi was not included in this box, this became the item I was most excited for! I was really impressed by it! This is a swatch of it! It looks a lot better on the lips then swatched. I am more into the shimmery lip gloss (I can't help it, I am a southern girl), but I do like this product! Full size is $14.00. I think that this was a full size
Oscar de la Renta Essential Luxuries
This was the other item I was really excited to get. It included 6 small spray samples of different fragrances. I found three of the 6 that I really liked. In the GB Magazine it included description of each smell and inspiration behind the smells! Full size for this is $150.00
SpaRitual Nail Polish
Kiss the Cook
This was the replacement for the Bondi polish. I absolutely hate the color! I wear just about every color nail polish that there is, but this ain't one of them! The formula was good so I am going to try and trade on MUT for another color in it. In all the marketing that I saw for it was an orange color that was great for summer (check the photo below with a swatch of the polish color). This is soooooo not a summer color! The polish is $12.00
c. Booth Honey Almond Dry Oil Mist
I really like this product. It smells really amazing and felt awesome going on! Full size
is $8.00.
Philip B. Volumizing and Clarifying Shampoo
I have not used this stuff. I do not care for the way it smells though! I will probably but it up for trade on MUT so maybe it can go to someone who can use it! Price was not listed on the card.
So here was the Dallas Shaw Collaboration box. It was definitely better then the regular boxes. I am cancelling my GB subscription. I will probably re-sub when they do another collaboration box or if it looks really good. At $21/box I would like to see more/better brands! I have cancelled once and they got me back in December with a 40% code. Since December there have been three good boxes, this one, the Man Repeller box which was AMAZING and another collaboration and one regular box they had in December. So out of 7 boxes only three were good! Not a good rate for $21! Let me know what you think. If you got a GB what color polish did you get? Really interested to see the other colors that people got!
No comments:
Post a Comment