Monday, June 10, 2013

Birchbox June..Finally back on track!

Hey ya'll!

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! I was really excitied yesterday when I got home and saw one of my Birchboxes had arrived. I actually have two and one for my mother-in-law. Last month I was really bummed by my Birchbox. I actually moved Ipsy up to my fave sub box (on a list that I only keep in my head) ! But they came back strong this month and the one box I've received so far  was really great! So here it goes...




I include these shots because Birchbox revamped their website, logo, and even the inside of the boxes. I loved the chevron inspired on the inside of the boxes. Still not loving the new website, but hey, maybe it will grow on me!
 
So here were my products~


 ~ First up was the Davines 3 Step System. These were actually listed separate on the insert card, but online under my box profile, it combines the three of these. The three products going clockwise are Love Smoothing Conditioner (FS $27.50). , Love Smoothing Shampoo (FS $24) this was a pretty big sample and I love that it was. I really hate one use shampoos/conditioners. In my humble opinion you cannot get a good idea of you like the product from an one use sample. Last product is the Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion (FS $40). This product is suppose to tame frizz and strengthen hair over time. I cannot wait to try this system. It looks promising!

 
~ LAQA & Co Lil Lip Duo in a fushia pink color. I cannot find a name on it. Birchbox says that this color is flattering on lots of skin tones and even had pictures of a lot of women wearing it. The card says they have a creamy texture, satiny finish, and a minty kick ! I did try it on and liked it. However, I do not see myself wearing this everyday. It may an every couple of months thing. I think you would have to be going for a certain look to pull it off! I am more of a shimmery kind of lip gloss girl! (hey, I am southern!!) This cost $16 for a pack of two colors.

 ~ Next up was Suki Exfoliate Cleanser. This is cleanser and exfoliator in one. It has a fantastic lemons smell. This sample was pretty small, so I hope that I can get an idea if I like this stuff or not! The sample size was .25 fl. oz. Full size cost $32.95
 
~Last product is my favorite is Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection in London Calling. This is a mini, part of a four part collection based on four different cities. I loved this polish! It went in smooth and only really needed one coat. The color is so much better in person then in the picture. I have already ordered the collection. It only cost $8.00 so I thought it was a really good deal! I'll do a review of it when it comes!
 
So I add the total of the products based on the FS price and the size I got. The total equaled around $22.00. That is not that high based on the totals I have gotten. However, this is one of the better boxes I have ever gotten and I look forward to using all the products! Let me know what you guys think about this box. Leave a comment at the bottom! If you want to subscribe checkout it out at  Birchbox!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment