I hope that everyone has had a wonderful week! Mine was really great, but exhausting! We had field day at our school which was three days long, (one day each for 2nd, 3rd,and 4th grade) plus a fun field day for our Special Ed students put on by our local high school club Friends Helping Friends! So I have been getting so much stuff I want to blog about in the mail. But today's blog is about something I have been wanting to try for a long time! SeasonsBox!
From their website this is what SeasonsBox is about "This is what inspired the creation of SeasonsBox, a discovery platform for seasonal must-haves for your home, body, and spirit. Inspired by nature, we strive to feature environmentally conscious products that celebrate the earth’s changing seasons. We test and re-test each product and work with expert curators around the world to ensure that our box is thoughtfully constructed, and that each product meets our highest quality standards. We strive to make each box so evocative and of the season that it will satisfy those unexplained feelings and stimulate your senses."
SeasonsBox started in December 2012 and it has contained a variety of products! It does cost $34.90 which includes shipping! The price is what has kept in from trying this out. But one thing that I love is that you get to see a preview of what is coming in the next box so you can skip it if you want to! So here are picture of what I got!
Here is what you see when you open the box! Isn't it really cute!
The title of the Box was "Sweet and Lovely". So here is what was in the box...
Connected in Hope Shiromeda Spring Scarf: more info on the below
Crawford Street Skin Care Lemon Deodorant Cream: The is a cream deodorant that smells like lemons (which to be honest is not my favorite). I did try it and so far it has worked fine. But I have not done anything but hang around the house, so I am not sure how it will hold up to exercise, teaching, etc...
Ecotools Foam Applicator: This foam tip applicator makes it easy to apply and blend foundation and concealer. (I have a Beauty Blender that I love so I am not sure if this is something I will even try or just put up for trade on MUT!)
Honibe Honey Drops: These are drops of honey made to add to tea. I do not drink hot tea. Being a southern girl, I love sweet tea (which in the south comes cold without a question). But if you do like hot tea, these would be very convenient to just carry in your purse or bag!
So to the main reason I purchased this box...the scarf. I love scarves, I mean LOVE!!! So when I saw this one I fell in love. I cannot remember but I believe the other colors it came in were blue and maybe a pink color. The pictures are no longer on the site but they normally will put them back up because they sell items from previous boxes on the site. The color I wanted the least was the green, so of course that was what I got! I contemplated if I should try to trade it on MUT, but I started thinking that I have not scarves in that color so maybe it was went to be! Now to the most exciting part of this scarf, it was handmade in Ethiopia. Here is a quick summary of Connected In Hope but I will link to the website so you can read more about it. Connected In Hope is a non-profit organization that strives to empower women in Ethiopia to rise above poverty to through sustainable income development. They cost $32 on the Connected In Hope website. For more information got to the site http://www.connectedinhope.org/. In the last picture, you see the tag that was pinned to the scarf telling you who hand wove this scarf! It really is pretty and I love it even more after reading the background story!
So, that is my first SeasonsBox. I am not sure if I will continue with it or not. I like that all the products are "good for you" but because those kind of products are more expensive to make, you do not get as much for your money. Popsugar is the other "expensive" box I subscribed to at $35 a month which included shipping and it normally comes with 6-8 products. I did not do a review of the April Popsugar box because it really was one of my least favorite since I joined in November.
Hope you enjoyed this review and have a wonderful weekend! Hopefully, you are not getting flooded like NE Georgia!
No comments:
Post a Comment