Thursday, May 30, 2013

Essie Neon and Summer Colletion...The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

Hey ya'll

Happy Thursday! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far. As I've stated before, I am a Special Ed teacher and this has been my first full week out of school. Got to say, I am already a little bored! BUT  I do have summer camp starting next week, so I am sure I will be back to complaining about being  busy before long!

Today I have a few of the Essie 2013 Summer Collection. Most of them are Neon, but one is a shimmer. OK, so I love neon's, so I know they can be a pain to deal with. I had read on some of my fave blogs about this neon collection, but of course, I am stubborn! So here we go!

I did a coat of white under all the nails because Essie has a white polish on their display with it and I just know they work better over a white coat! I used Andreas Choice in Reverso.

Here goes the pictures:



L-R Bottle Service, Sunday Funday, DJ Play that Song, Saturday Disco Fever, Shake Your $$ Maker, AC Reverso, Whimsical Ideas by Pam La*De*Dots
 
The second color from the left is Sunday Funday from the Summer Collection. The review is coming soon!



 
 
Ok, I had no intentions of adding a topcoat of glitter to these. However, some of them were so streaky that I had to! I also used another Whimsie on this mani. It was from Pam's last collection, Kiss Matte. I really liked the matte on this! They Whimsies helped to save this mani!
 
 
The GOOD!
 
 
This is Bottle Service, of all the neons this was my favorite. It went on in three coats and was not streaky. I can actually see myself wearing this one without having to wear a top coat! I bought this at Target yesterday for $ 7.79
 
 
Saturday Disco Fever. This polish was not that bad. It took 4 coats, but it turned out pretty good! I would probably use this polish again on its own. You just have to be really careful with it! I also bought this at Target yesterday for $ 7.79
 
The BAD!!!

 DJ Play that Song...I ordered this polish from Ulta because I some points I was dying to spend! Wow, I really wasted those points! It took me four coats and I still was not happy with it. This had to have a glitter over it!


                                                                    The UGLY!!!

 
Shake Your $$ Maker, I bought this at CVS. This neon was the worst out of the neons that I have. I mean it was horrible, streaky in places, sheer in other "OMG". This is the worst neon I have ever used! Not only does it go in horrible up close the color is not pretty. It's not to bad in this picture but trust me!

 
 


 So I am not sure about the other neons in this collection, there are three more colors a lime green, a bubble gum pink, and a blue.  If you want to check them out yourself check this out! http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2259172&productId=xlsImpprod5360013&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80068

They are $8.00 but if you find them at Target they are $7.79!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! If you have any comments, questions, or would like to see a comparison mani, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment