Friday, May 31, 2013

Encore Whimsies...YAY!

Hey Ya'll and happy Friday!

I hope you have had a wonderful week. My Friday started out AMAZING because I received a package in the mail that I never thought I would even have a chance to get! I kind of feel bad  posting this since they are no longer available, but you never know when Pam may bring them back! So here is the story..

I learned about Pam's Whimsies (Whimsical Ideas by Pam) while looking at some of my favorite nail bloggers year end favorites. Before then I was just a drugstore nail polish girl with maybe a Essie thrown in or a Color Club that I received from Birchbox!  So I went and investigated with the deal was with the Whimsies and why so many people had them on their 2012 favorites .Well I just so happened upon her Facebook the day she was releasing her Valentine collection in January. So after figuring out her ordering procedure, which was a little confusing to me at  first, but now I love it, I ordered Eloise. Well that's all it took for me to become hooked! While I was looking at whimsies swatches on the web and trying to figure out which would be my next purchase (because by then I had ordered all the Valentine collection) I kept coming up on a color that was right up my alley, Saturday Morning Cartoon (SMC). I loved it! But soon found out it was discontinued. So a couple of weeks ago Pam posted on Facebook that was she was bringing Hatched back for a limited time I thought well maybe there was a chance for SMC. Well just a couple of days later she announced she was bring Hatched, SMC, and Georgia Peach Fuzz. So I waited last Sunday for the 9:01 ordering time to get here and placed it. Initially, I thought I had missed out on Hatched which was bummed about, but then Pam saw where I had posted about it on Facebook and sent me an email saying she had just missed it on my email so she quickly invoiced me for it. This is one of the many reasons I love her, she has WONDERFUL customer service! So I normally get Pam's packages within two day  of shipping. Monday was Memorial day so they shipped in Tuesday. I had hoped I'd get them Thursday, but was excited to get them today. I mean who can complain about three days!!! So here are the pictures...


Looks like a kid on Christmas morning! (I also feel like a kid, I was so excited). That is Chastity making an appearance in the background. She is a chocolate lab about 1 and half years old!  She had to be right in the middle of the excitement!

 

 





 

AND here is the mani. I put all three together on one mani just for pictures for the blog. I am going to leave SMC cartoon on and do an accent nail!

 
Georgia Peach Fuzz was a peach base with different size peach glitters. Because of the base color I used it made this look a little darker ( I had to because my skin is so pale). So you can make it littler or darker depending on what you want! I used three coats.

 
Hatched is a yellow base with teal, pink, and peach larger glitter and smaller glitter. This color is so much better then the picture even shows! I used three coats, but the last two were very thin because I did not want to cover up the gorgeous glitter!
 
 
SMC is another that is so much better in person! It is a blue base with red, green, sliver, and blue "larger" glitter and green tiny glitter. I used three coats, but like with Hatched the last two were thin coats!

I layered all these colors over a base color so I do not have to use as much of my precious whimsies! Since they are no longer available I wanted to use as little as possible! All nails were topped with Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat!

Whimsies and Base Coats:
SMC- Julep Alley
Georgia Peach Fuzz- Essie Tart Disco
Hatched- Butter London Cheeky Chops


I know it's upside down but you can still get an idea of the colors!


In conclusion, did these three live up to my expectations? No, they totally shattered my expectations they were so good! Like I thought, SMC was my favorite, then Hatched, then GA Peach Fuzz. GA Peach Fuzz is so amazing, but it just does not look so great on my skin color! I probably could use it as  an accent nail, but not as a full mani. Which is totally fine because I can already think of all kinds if things I can do with it! This Encore collection just made my week. I am so happy that she decided to do these and it proves she cares about what her customers want! If you are interested in Pam's polishes you need to follow her on Facebook because that is where she will let you know about retocks, etc... You can find her at Whimsical Ideas by Pam!

Have a wonderful weekend and leave me a comment if you have a question!

Just wanted to add some pictures in the sun!




No comments:

Post a Comment