Monday, July 22, 2013

Back... with July's Birchbox

Hey y'all!

Sorry I have been missing in action for awhile! My precious grandmother that I have spoke about on here passed away. Even though we knew it was coming it has been really hard! I have spent every night with her the pass 6 months and I have a very empty feeling now. I was the only grandchild that lived in town so I was little spoiled by her!

Anyway, to the post! Birchbox for July was extremely disappointing for me. I ended up getting two repeats! One reapeat I got in this back in June last year. The other repeat I actually got in another account that I do not have anymore. I did get a 100 point credit for the repeat, but it is still frustrating! Like I have said before I get a box for my mom and mom-in-law, they go through a pick out what they want and give me the rest. Well both of their boxes also had repeats in them. So in all on the three account I have I got 300 points which equals $30 ($10 on each account). I appreciate the points, but I don't appreciate that they are still sending samples out from June last year. I mean the reason I joined was to get new products to try out! Anyway here was my fave box out of three (well I got two of the same boxes, so it was fave of the two different boxes)


July Birchbox


First up: Model Co Party Proof Lipstick (FS $19). I was actually really excited about the lipstick until I saw the color! The nude is just not my thing. It looks horrible on my pale skin! My lips need color on the, no doubt about it!






Next up:Curly Hair Solutions by Jonthan Torch Curl Keeper. This was the repeat in two of the boxes. I really do not like this stuff. It is really watery and I cannot tell that it helps with my curls. So I was really disappointed to get two more samples. This went to my MUT trading list!


Third item: Juicy Couture La La. Well what can you say, its a perfume sample that you can get free from Ulta or Sephora! I do like the smell, but I wish they would not send these out or if they do, I wish they would not count as one of the five items. Ipsy sent out rollerballs not long ago in their bags. That is they way they should do perfume!


Next up: Benta Berry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream. This was the other item I had received on abother BB account. I like it, but not enough to buy the full price. This was the Suits Pick. I think that is a TV show that did some collaborating on the box. But I think they just showed them all the BB extras they had from other boxes and told them to pick out a few items.


Last, but not least: Birchbox Bobby Pins. These turned out to be my favorite items from the box! They are really cute! I love to put them in my up-dos that I have been rocking this summer becuase if the humidity and the frizzy hair! These are gray, but I also got them in blue!

So I think you can guess my feelings on the box! I am getting close to dropping this sub and this words I never thought I would type! BB started me on sample boxes so I hate to think about dropping it. If you are interested in trying it here is the link http://birch.ly/12Z1IEx
This is a referal link for me so I will get 50 points if you use it!

So what did you think about this box? I would love to see what other people got in their boxes! Comment below or send me an email at heathereaves6@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment